Friday, May 11, 2012

Illustration Friday - Kernel

So this weeks Illustration Friday topic is "kernel". I started think about it and went on a bit of a tangent. My original thought was that of a military commander, then soon realized that was the wrong spelling (colonel). So I began again. 

I am a bit of a tech kind of guy, so the next thing that came to mind was "kernel panic". I remember the days of booting up my Mac and getting the error that my machine couldn't start up due to "Kernel Panic", so it would assume the position of a really expensive brick for a while. If you're really interested in learning more about it, here's the link to Apple's tech page http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3742

The idea of a person frustrated or yelling at their computer has been done many times, and probably better than what I could do, so I thought I'd try something a little different. I went with something that I quite enjoy, but makes others groan... the pun.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it! I went with the old 'kernel panic', this however, is genius!

    ReplyDelete